Friday, November 22, 2013

On the Docket Tonight...

Tonight, I'm going to get together with a few people at the Landing in Crystal City and play some boardgames. Personally, I'm bringing two: Ghost Stories, and Cards Against Humanity. I LOVE Ghost Stories. I don't actually own it; I'm hanging onto it for another boardgamer who forgot it when they came by a few weeks ago. So if I see him again, I'll give it back to him. Regardless, though, I hope to get in a game or two of it before giving it up. It's a cooperative game that, arguably, is even harder than Pandemic. That obviously makes it much more frustrating, but also much more exciting.

As for Cards Againgst Humanity, I have a new-found respect for the game after last weekend. My aunt died, and my cousins were understandably shaken over their sudden loss. I, desperate to make them smile and encourage some family support, broke out the game as a means to have fun. Some epic laughing insued. It was a very cathartic experience for my counsins, I think. So I'm going to throw it in the bag and bring it this evening, and see if anyone in a bad mood may need a pick-me-up. Including myself. Things have gotten a little sad in my house these days, so maybe I could even benefit from a little Cards Against Humanity...

I'm also going to try to drum up some interest for my Warhammer game this Sunday. If I can't lock down at least one more person, I'll probably cancel my event. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as I could use the extra time to get some grad school homework done, but who wants to write some boring old papers when I could be playing role-playing games?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Own Loser Path

"If you're a Sym main, please exit the stream," was the description yesterday of one of the Overwatch Twitch streams I follow....